Sat, 15 May|
Watford Football Club Training Ground
Walking Football Parkinson's Event
A fantastic opportunity to learn, train and play walking football with England walking football manager Stuart Langworthy! **All new participants must pre-register for this event, and read important information in the event description prior to registering**
Time & Location
15 May 2021, 14:00 – 16:00 BST
Watford Football Club Training Ground, Bell Ln, Shenley, St Albans AL2 1BZ, UK
About the Event
A fantastic chance to train with an England Manager!
Stuart Langworthy, Engalnd manager for over 60s Men's Walking Football team and Assitant Manager for over 40s Ladies team will be holding a walking football training event for people with Parkinson's. If you are interested in playing, or leaning about the game and understading the rules, this event could be for you.
Open to everyone with Parkinson's, all abilities and any football experience welcome for both men and women. Age is not a factor either. It doesn't matter if you play regularly, or haven't played before, everyone is welcome!
We will be playing inside Watford FC's impressive training dome at their training ground near Jnc 22 of the M25.
Players will have the opportunity to play at the Cure Parkinson's Cup on 24th July at the SIxways Stadium in Worcester
IMPORTANT: Due to Covid restrictions there are a few things you need to be aware of and comply with to attend our events. Registration is subject to your agreement of our COVID-19 policies which must be read, agreed, and followed by all participants before, during and after the event. You can access them here.
- All players must pre-register before they can play. This is now a mandatory requirement to help us all manage the risk of COVID-19, please click the register button and submit the online registration form and provide your consent to attend.
- Before leaving home you must complete a self-assessment for any Covid-19- symptoms before the training event using your mobile phone. If you satisty all the crieria in the form you will receive a green "cleared" pass-card to allow access to the training ground on that day. As a reminder, no-one should leave home to participate in football if they, or someone they live with, has tested positive for COVID in the last 10 days, or are awaiting test results, or has / had any of the following in last 10 days:
- A high temperature (above 37.8°C);
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss of, or change to, their sense of smell or taste.
- Please do not arrive before 1.45pm, also no spectators are permitted, as part of COVID control measures.
- On the day please:
- Bring your own easily identifable refreshments and hand sanitiser (as per COVID-19 rules).
- Wear Astro / trainers / boots with moulded studs (no metal or screw-in studs) and clean clothing appropriate for exercise. Bring layers as the temperatures in the training dome can often drop during colder days. Shin pads are optional.
- Show your cleared pass-card on your phone to security guards at the gate, valid for that day. Without it you will not be able access the site. They may also require you to have a temperature check before you can enter (as per COVID-19 rules). ** Please wear a mask for this**
- Once through security please park in the visitor car park. The car park is accessed at the end of the long entrance drive on the left hand side. If a non-participant has given you a lift they must remain in their car or come back at the end and wait for your return.
- Please sanitise your hands using the stations provided inside the entrance to the Dome.
- Please register your arrival via the QR code inside the Dome (on white box to right of main emtrance) using NHS Test and Trace App (if you have compatble phone)
- Please ensure you follow all COVID-19 rules before, during and after traning that we share with you.
- And finally.....enjoy yourselves!!