Sat, 26 Jun|
Watford Football Club Training Ground
5 A-Side Parkinson's Football Event
A fantastic opportunity for people with Parkinson's to play football together and meet others at an inclusive and enjoyable event **All new participants must pre-register for this event, and read important information in the event description prior to registering**
Time & Location
26 Jun 2021, 14:00 – 17:00 BST
Watford Football Club Training Ground, Bell Ln, Shenley, St Albans AL2 1BZ, UK
About the Event
We are delighted to host a 5 a-side football event for the Parkinson's football community!
We invite existing Parkinson's teams and individuals without a team for a enjoyable afternoon training and playing small game refereed matches. Players without a team or teams of less than 5 will join together on the day to allow a round robin of matches between the teams.
Open to everyone with Parkinson's, all abilities and any football experience welcome for both men and women. Age is not a factor either. It doesn't matter if you play regularly, or haven't played before, everyone is welcome!
We will be playing inside Watford FC's impressive training dome at their training ground near Jnc 22 of the M25.
All in preparation for the Cure Parkinson's Cup as part of Sport Parkinson's Summer Try-Athlon on 24th July at the SIxways Stadium in Worcester.
IMPORTANT: Due to Covid restrictions there are a few things you need to be aware of and comply with to attend our events. Registration is subject to your agreement of our COVID-19 policies which must be read, agreed, and followed by all participants before, during and after the event. You can access them here.
- All players must pre-register before they can play. This is now a mandatory requirement to help us all manage the risk of COVID-19, please click the register button and submit the online registration form and provide your consent to attend.
- Before leaving home you must complete a self-assessment for any Covid-19- symptoms before the training event using your mobile phone. If you satisty all the crieria in the form you will receive a green "cleared" pass-card to allow access to the training ground on that day. As a reminder, no-one should leave home to participate in football if they, or someone they live with, has tested positive for COVID in the last 10 days, or are awaiting test results, or has / had any of the following in last 10 days:
- A high temperature (above 37.8°C);
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss of, or change to, their sense of smell or taste.
- Please do not arrive before 1.45pm, as there is an event in the Dome beforehand.
- Although no spectators are currently permitted in the Dome (as part of COVID control measures) we do welcome helpers and carers of players, including those assiting with driving to the event, provided they can also complete the Covid assessment outlined above.
- On the day please:
- Bring your own easily identifable refreshments and hand sanitiser (as per COVID-19 rules).
- Wear Astro / trainers / boots with moulded studs (no metal or screw-in studs) and clean clothing appropriate for exercise. Bring layers as the temperatures in the training dome can often drop during colder days. Shin pads are optional.
- Show your cleared pass-card on your phone to security guards at the gate, valid for that day, for players and carers / drivers. Without it you will not be able access the site.
- Once through security please park in the visitor car park. The car park is accessed at the end of the long entrance drive on the left hand side. If a non-participant has given you a lift they must remain in their car or come back at the end and wait for your return.
- Please sanitise your hands using the stations provided inside the entrance to the Dome.
- Please register your arrival via the QR code inside the Dome (on white box to right of main emtrance) using NHS Test and Trace App (if you have compatble phone)
- Please ensure you follow all COVID-19 rules before, during and after traning that we share with you.
- And finally....please enjoy yourselves!