Sat, 04 Nov|
Watford FC Training Ground
Parkinson's Walking Football Event
We welcome people with Parkinson's for a supportive & friendly open invitation walking football training event at Watford FC's Training Ground, near St Albans. Bring a friend too!
Time & Location
04 Nov, 14:00 – 17:00
Watford FC Training Ground, Bell Ln, London Colney, Shenley, St Albans AL2 1BZ, UK
About the Event
We are delighted to host a free walking football event for the Parkinson's football community!
Walking football is perfect for people with Parkinson’s as it is low contact, with no running but plenty of movement and cardio exercise.
We invite players from existing Parkinson's teams and individuals without a team for an enjoyable afternoon training and playing matches. Players will join together on the day to form teams and play a round robin of matches against each other. Numbers of teams. matches and final team sizes will depend on final numbers, but we will aim for a 6 a-side format.
Although aimed at the Parkinson's community you are welcome to bring a non-Parky friend / family member (18+) too to join in the matches and to recognise their important role supporting us.
We will be playing on 3G pitches inside Watford FC's impressive training dome at their training ground which is outside St Albans, Hertfordshire close to Jnc 22 of the M25.
Open to everyone with Parkinson's, all abilities and any football experience welcome for both men and women. Age is not a factor either. It doesn't matter if you play regularly, or haven't played before, everyone is welcome.
Although competitive spirit is important matches will be low contact & below head height and are must be played in a supportive way to encourage as many participants as possible. Full rules will be confimed prior to the event.
All players will be required to pre-register for safeguarding reasons and to ensure access to the Training Ground.
On the day please:
- Bring your own water / refreshments
- Wear astro trainers or boots with moulded studs (no metal or screw-in studs please) and clothing appropriate for exercise. Bring layers as the temperatures in the training dome can often drop during colder days. Shin pads are optional.
- Come dressed ready to play. Although we have access to toilets, unfortunately there are no changing rooms or showers avaialble for use.
- Look out for the signs to "UCL Sports Ground" on Bell Lane, this is where to turn off for the training ground.
- Once through security please park in the visitor car park. The car park is accessed at the end of the long entrance drive on the left hand side. You will see the Dome on the right as you drive up the entrance drive.
- You can access the Dome via the gravel path off the main car park.
We look forward to seeing you on the day!