Mon, 13 Sept|
Watford Football Club Training Ground
Parkinson’s Walking Football Event
A fantastic opportunity to learn, train and play walking football with England walking football manager Stuart Langworthy! **All new participants must pre-register for this event, and read important information in the event description prior to registering**
Time & Location
13 Sept 2021, 20:15 – 21:45 BST
Watford Football Club Training Ground, Bell Ln, Shenley, St Albans AL2 1BZ, UK
About the Event
A fantastic chance to train with an England Manager!
Stuart Langworthy, England manager for over 60s Men's Walking Football team and Assistant Manager for over 40s Ladies team, will be holding a walking football training event for people with Parkinson's. If you are interested in playing, or learning about the game and understanding the rules, this event could be for you.
Open to everyone with Parkinson's, all abilities and any football experience welcome for both men and women. Age is not a factor either. It doesn't matter if you play regularly, or haven't played before, everyone is welcome!
We will be playing inside Watford FC's impressive training dome at their training ground near Jnc 22 of the M25.
IMPORTANT: Due to our ong commitment to keep everyone safe, there are a few Covid restrictions you need to be aware of and comply with to attend our events. Registration is subject to your agreement of our COVID-19 policies which must be read, agreed, and followed by all participants before, during and after the event. You can access them here.
- All players must pre-register before they can play. This is now a mandatory requirement to help us all manage the risk of COVID-19, please click the register button and submit the online registration form and provide your consent to attend.
- Before leaving home you must complete a self-assessment for any Covid-19- symptoms before the training event using your mobile phone. If you satisty all the crieria in the form you will receive a green "cleared" pass-card to allow access to the training ground on that day. As a reminder, no-one should leave home to participate in football if they, or someone they live with, has tested positive for COVID in the last 10 days, or are awaiting test results, or has / had any of the following in last 10 days:
- A high temperature (above 37.8°C);
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss of, or change to, their sense of smell or taste.
- Please do not arrive before 8pm, also no spectators (aside from carers) are permitted, as part of COVID control measures.
- On the day please:
- Bring your own easily identifable refreshments and hand sanitiser (as per COVID-19 rules).
- Wear Astro / trainers / boots with moulded studs (no metal or screw-in studs) and clean clothing appropriate for exercise. Bring layers as the temperatures in the training dome can often drop during colder days. Shin pads are optional.
- Show your cleared pass-card on your phone to security guards at the gate, valid for that day. Without it you will not be able access the site.
- Once through security please park in the visitor car park. The car park is accessed at the end of the long entrance drive on the left hand side.
- Please sanitise your hands using the stations provided inside the entrance to the Dome.
- Please register your arrival via the QR code inside the Dome (on white box to right of main emtrance) using NHS Test and Trace App (if you have compatble phone)
- We will be playing in the top half of the Dome furthest from the entrance.
- Please ensure you follow all COVID-19 rules before, during and after traning that we share with you.
- And finally.....enjoy yourselves!!
We look forward to seeing you at the event.