Mon, 14 Jun|
Watford Football Club Training Ground
Fighting Fit Football Parkinson's training
Following the resumption of grassroots football we welcome players with Parkinson's for a fun & friendly football training session ** Please read the "important information" in the event description prior to registering **
Time & Location
14 Jun 2021, 20:15 – 21:45
Watford Football Club Training Ground, Bell Ln, Shenley, St Albans AL2 1BZ, UK
About the Event
Our football sessions are designed to be fun and relaxed. We adapt our sessions as necessary to suit our players and ensure they are low contact at all times. Sessions are typically 1 to 1.5 hours and comprise a short warm up, group training, team challenges and small group matches, all at your own pace.
IMPORTANT: Due to Covid restrictions there are a few things you need to be aware of and comply with to attend our events. Registration is subject to your agreement of our COVID-19 policies which must be read, agreed, and followed by all participants before, during and after the event. You can access them here.
- All players must pre-register before they can play (you only need to do this once). This is now a mandatory FA requirement to help us all manage the risk of COVID-19, please click the register button and submit the online registration form and provide your consent to attend.
- Before leaving home you must complete a self-assessment for any Covid-19- symptoms before each and every training session using your mobile phone. If you satisty all the crieria in the form you will receive a green "cleared" pass-card to allow access to the training ground on that day. As a reminder, no-one should leave home to participate in football if they, or someone they live with, has tested positive for COVID in the last 10 days, or are awaiting test results, or has / had any of the following in last 10 days:
- A high temperature (above 37.8°C);
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss of, or change to, their sense of smell or taste.
- Please do not arrive before 8:05pm, also no spectators are permitted, as part of COVID control measures.
- On the night please:
- Bring your own easily identifable refreshments and hand sanitiser (as per our COVID-19 rules).
- Wear Astro / trainers / boots with moulded studs (no metal or screw-in studs) and clean clothing appropriate for exercise. Bring layers as the temperatures in the training dome can often drop during colder evenings. Shin pads are optional.
- Show your cleared pass-card on your phone to security guards at the gate, valid for that day. Without it you will not be able access the site. They may require you to have a temperature check before you can enter (as per COVID-19 rules). ** Please wear a mask for this**
- Once through security please park in the visitor car park. The car park is accessed at the end of the long entrance drive on the left hand side. If a non-participant has given you a lift they must remain in their car or come back at the end and wait for your return.
- Please sanitise your hands using the stations provided at the entrance to the Dome.
- Please register your arrival via the QR code inside the Dome (on white box to right of main emtrance) using NHS Test and Trace App (if you have compatble phone)
- Please ensure you follow all COVID-19 rules before, during and after traning that we share with you.
- And finally.....enjoy yourselves!!