Mon, 03 Apr|
Watford Football Club Training Ground
FFFC Parkinson's Football
We welcome players with Parkinson's for a supportive & friendly football training session at Watford FC's training ground. All abilities & ages welcome, for both men & women
Time & Location
03 Apr 2023, 20:15 – 21:45
Watford Football Club Training Ground, Bell Ln, Shenley, St Albans AL2 1BZ, UK
About the Event
Our football is perfect for people with Parkinson’s as it is low contact, but plenty of movement and cardio exercise.
All our football events are designed to be fun and supportive and are 1.5 hours long. They typically comprise a short warm up and stretching exercises, group training and drills and small group matches, all at your own pace. Suitable for any ages or abilities, regardless of previous experience, for both men & women.
All new players must pre-register for their first event before they can play, please ensure you click the register button and submit the online registration form prior to attending.
Registration is subject to your agreement of our Member's Code of Conduct which must be read and followed by all participants during our events. You can access this here.
Please do not participate in an event if you, or someone you live with, has tested positive for COVID in the last 10 days, or are awaiting test results, or has / had any of the following in last 10 days:
- A high temperature (above 37.8°C);
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss of, or change to, their sense of smell or taste.
On the night please:
- Bring your own easily identifable refreshments and hand sanitiser.
- Wear astro trainers or boots with moulded studs (no metal or screw-in studs please) and clothing appropriate for exercise. Bring layers as the temperatures in the training dome can often drop during colder evenings. Shin pads are optional.
- Look out for the signs to "UCL Sports Ground" on Bell Lane, this is where to turn off for the training ground.
- Once through security please park in the visitor car park. The car park is accessed at the end of the long entrance drive on the left hand side. You will see the Dome on the right as you drive up the entrance drive.
- You can access the Dome via the gravel path off the main car park. Once inside the Dome, you will find us at the top half of the pitch, furthest from the Dome's entrance.
- And finally... please enjoy yourself!