Sat, 07 May|
Watford Football Club Training Ground
5 / 7 A-Side Parkinson's Football Event
A fantastic opportunity for people with Parkinson's to play football together and meet others at an inclusive and enjoyable event **All new participants must pre-register for this event, and read important information in the event description prior to registering**
Time & Location
07 May 2022, 14:30 – 17:30 BST
Watford Football Club Training Ground, Bell Ln, Shenley, St Albans AL2 1BZ, UK
About the Event
We are delighted to host a small sided (running) football event for the Parkinson's football community!
We invite players from existing Parkinson's teams and individuals without a team for a enjoyable afternoon training and playing small sided matches. Players without a team or partial teams will join together on the day to allow a round robin of matches between the teams. This will be either 5, 6 or 7 a-side depending on final numbers.
We will be playing on 3G pitches inside Watford FC's impressive training dome at their training ground which is outside St Albans, Hertfordshire close to Jnc 22 of the M25.
Open to everyone with Parkinson's, all abilities and any football experience welcome for both men and women. Age is not a factor either. It doesn't matter if you play regularly, or haven't played before, everyone is welcome!
Although aimed at the Parkinson's community you are welcome to bring a non-Parky friend / family member too to join in the matches and to recognise their important role supporting us.
Although competitive spirit is important matches will be low contact & below head height and are must be played in a supportive way to encourage as many participants as possible. Full rules will be confimed prior to the event.
IMPORTANT: Please be aware that although legal obligations in relation Covid no longer apply, there a number of Covid restrictions in place relating to using Premier League club faciilites that you must comply with to attend our events at Watford FC's training ground.
By registering you agree to comply with these restrictions which must be followed by all participants while at the the event:
- All players must pre-register before they can play. This is a mandatory requirement to help us all manage the risk of COVID-19 and our insurance obligations, please click the register button and submit the online registration form and provide your consent to attend.
- On the day of the event & before you leave home all participants must complete a self-assessment for any Covid-19- symptoms using your mobile phone. If you satisty all the crieria in the form you will receive a green "cleared" pass-card to allow access to the training ground on that day.
As a reminder, no-one should come to the event if they have, or someone they live with has, tested positive for COVID in the last 10 days; or are awaiting PCR test results, or has any of the following in the last 10 days:
- A high temperature (above 37.8°C);
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss of, or change to, their sense of smell or taste.
- Although spectators are not currently permitted in the Dome (as part of COVID control measures) we do welcome helpers and carers of players (limited to 1 person per player), including those assiting with driving to the event, provided they can also complete the Covid assessment outlined above.
- On the day please:
- Bring your own easily identifable refreshments and hand sanitiser. There are also hand sanitiser stations provided inside the Dome
- Wear Astro trainers / boots with moulded studs (no metal or screw-in studs) and clean clothing appropriate for exercise. Bring layers as the temperatures in the training dome can often drop during colder days. Shin pads are optional.
- Please do not arrive before 2pm, as there is an event in the Dome beforehand.
- Show your cleared pass-card on your phone to security guards at the gate, valid for that day, for players and carers / drivers. Without it you will not be able access the site.
- Once through security please park in the visitor car park accessed at the end of the long entrance drive on the left hand side.
- Please ensure you follow all COVID-19 rules before, during and after traning that we share with you.
- And finally....please enjoy yourselves!